For School Personnel/Parents of School-Age Students
AEN has worked with every school district and high school in Berkshire County. The employment service has conducted more than 200 vocational evaluations and assisted over 150 students with disabilities to successfully transition from school to work.
• Vocational Evaluation and Training – comprehensive, individualized assessments of an individual’s skills, aptitudes, and interests used for vocational planning.
• Career Planning – a person centered approach identifying the ideal factors that will lead to an effective job/career match for an individual.
• Job Development – extensive work to identify and secure job placements in businesses.
• Real-Life Work Experiences – including internships, part time jobs, and job trials.
• On-The-Job Training – individualized training and instruction to ensure the individual meets the expectations of the job.
• Extended Supports – individualized follow-‐up services with the individual and employer to resolve any issues as they arise.
The Arc of Massachusetts has a wealth of helpful information about school-to-career transitions on its website: http://thearcofmass.org/resources/transition/.
For more information about school-to-career transitions at Berkshire County Arc, contact:
Rick Hawes, Director of Advantage Employee Network
413-443-1038, ext. 21