Quality Assurance Department
Implemented in 1996, the Quality Assurance process at Berkshire County Arc (BCArc) is values driven, comprehensive and has a positive focus. The process is also an integral component of agency risk management.
The department reviews and evaluates all programs through an annual comprehensive office and onsite records audit and site inspection. Areas reviewed include Individual Support Plan implementation, community integration, health and safety, communication, skill development, quality of interactions, clinical supports and other regulatory requirements. Following each visit, a comprehensive report is prepared and distributed to all applicable team members. The report highlights positive outcomes present as well as makes recommendations that require a team response.
By conducting internal reviews of all services, many positive outcomes have been obtained for BCArc and the individuals supported including:
- Increased capacity to identify trends at specific locations and in the agency overall
- Increased compliance with licensing and accreditation requirements
- Improvements for individuals in the areas of community participation, independence, staff awareness of a specific need area, etc.
- Positive recognition to staff for quality supports.
- Further follow up on maintenance issues
Other duties of the department include overseeing the agency Incident Review Committee and incident database, holding focus group meetings on quality with individuals receiving supports, staff training and coordinating licensing and accreditation surveys.
Chris Andrews, Quality Facilitator; Linda Savary, Quality Assurance Specialist; Sue Berryman,
Clerical Assistant; and Barbara Sherman, Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist
Berkshire County Arc has been issued a two year license (expires May, 31, 2018) from the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) in each of the following services:
- ABI-MFP Residential Services
- Employment and Day Supports
- Individual Home Supports
- Residential Services
- Respite Services
Berkshire County Arc has been accredited by CARF International for a period of three years (extends through May 2018) in the following services:
- Community Employment Services: Employment Supports
- Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Community Housing
- Community Integration
- Organizational Employment Services
- Respite Services
For more information, please contact:
Phone: 413-499-4241, ext. 249