Your donations to Berkshire County Arc help us to continue our mission to assist and support individuals in their quest to identify and realize their chosen lifestyles.
3 Major Fundraisers
Every year, our annual campaign kicks off with one goal in mind–to support a specific initiative focused on improving the lives of the individuals we serve. Past examples include construction of an accessible kitchen and laundry at one of our day programs, an accessible van, providing structured therapeutic and recreational sensory integration activities for children with autism, and many more.
This year we will use the funds to develop a specialized community-based daytime program on North Street in Pittsfield called Northview.
The program is for:
- Individuals who may be working part time and may wish to be more actively engaged in community activities when not working;|
- Individuals who are moving towards a retirement path but wish to maintain an active meaningful lifestyle;
- And for those not currently employed, but wish to have more exposure to activities and events.
Annual Golf Classic
May 23, 2019
For over 20 years, the golf classic has been a community staple in the Berkshires. Held consistently the Thursday leading into Memorial Day weekend, this tournament is a great day for all involved! All proceeds from the Annual Golf Classic go directly towards supporting the individuals receiving services provided by Berkshire County Arc.
An Allocations Committee distributes the funds for use for items such as:
- Art classes
- Necessary medical equipment
- Kickboxing classes
- Yoga Classes
- “Give Back Projects” that promotes these individuals as valued members of the community at large.
Projects have included:
- Non-perishable food drive for BCArc
- Purchasing Christmas gifts for under-privileged children in Berkshire County
- Preparing/donating an entire Thanksgiving dinner for a family in need within Berkshire County
- Preparing/donating homemade, baked goods and hand crafted cards to local veterans on Memorial Day
- Funding for Annual BCArc Scholarship recipients – graduating Berkshire County high school seniors pursuing college coursework with aspirations to pursue careers in human service
The goal of the walk, held every Fall, and is affiliated with the National Down Syndrome Society, is to promote awareness and inclusion of people with Down syndrome and to fundraise for those with Down syndrome who reside in Berkshire County.
The Berkshire County Arc Down Syndrome Family Group supports 40 families living in Berkshire County who have a family member with Down syndrome. All proceeds from the Buddy Walk will help to provide services and support for children, adults and families of people with Down syndrome living in Berkshire County.
Registration for the walk is free for all who would like to participate!
Other Ways to Donate
Shop on Amazon? Why not support Berkshire County Arc at the same time?! By shopping at smile.amazon.com and selecting Berkshire County Arc as your charity of choice, a portion of your sale gets donated back to Berkshire County Arc by Amazon.
Donate a Vehicle
Do you have a car, truck, motorcycle or RV that you no longer want? Berkshire County Arc’s vehicle donation program can help! Through a partnership with the Arc, we are now accepting donations of cars, trucks, motorcycles and RVs – regardless of condition – and towing is free!
If you are interested in donating your vehicle (to include a tax-deduction), call 1-877-272-2270 or complete and submit the online Vehicle Donation Form. Just be sure to select “Berkshire County Arc” in the drop-down menu under “I would like the proceeds of the sale of my vehicle to benefit”, and, once your vehicle is sold at auction, the proceeds will be donated to Berkshire County Arc to support individuals with developmental disabilities, brain injuries and Autism throughout Berkshire and Hampden Counties.
Berkshire County Arc Tax ID: 04-2218928